Noun(1) a concept or idea not associated with any specific instance(2) a sketchy summary of the main points of an argument or theory
Verb(1) consider a concept without thinking of a specific example; consider abstractly or theoretically(2) make off with belongings of others(3) consider apart from a particular case or instance(4) give an abstract (of
Adjective(1) existing only in the mind; separated from embodiment(2) not representing or imitating external reality or the objects of nature(3) dealing with a subject in the abstract without practical purpose or intention
(1) The colours each had several meanings, some of which were abstract ideas, some concrete as in the cattle and sheep example.(2) Her comments in interviews and at readings, likewise, reveal the startling literalness of her apparently abstract , difficult poems.(3) Verbs and adjectives are more abstract , and so are more difficult concepts for children's minds to grasp.(4) But I take comfort in our inability to delineate the ├ö├ç├┐entire picture├ö├ç├û - at best we can abstract a stable whole from the flow of its parts, and that can never be ├ö├ç├┐true├ö├ç├û.(5) For these abstract artists, the external world is mediated by internal feelings.(6) Once we get a hint we are capable of making the original more abstract and less concrete, of extending a concrete and singular concept into more abstract spheres.(7) The pace is languid and events too abstract to be a children's movie, yet corny stunts alienate mature viewers.(8) What is relevant in the economic realm is not an abstract concept or formula - no matter how beautiful - but its physical embodiment.(9) Or is it an abstract place existing inside people's minds?(10) But it is Brutus who is the most instantly recognisable modern figure in his use of abstract nouns to justify political ends.(11) The reason for believing that it is a largely abstract and theoretical issue is that the Court of Appeal judgments implied strongly that that was so.(12) In the '50s, he made heavily textured abstract paintings using crumpled mulberry paper and globs of oil paint.(13) The lower half of the artwork consists of dark splotches and torn-paper abstract effects.(14) So a culture based on abstract reasoning, or on various metaphysical precepts, may itself be simply a product of evolutionary change.(15) It came through concrete example and abstract argument.(16) Liberty is a ponderous and not-to-be-used-lightly abstract noun.
(1) abstract noun :: अमूर्त संज्ञा
(2) abstract nouns :: अमूर्त nouns
(3) abstract art :: अमूर्त कला
(4) abstract painting :: अमूर्त चित्रकला
(5) abstract idea :: अमूर्त विचार
(6) abstract concept :: अमूर्त अवधारणा
(7) abstract thinking :: अमूर्त सोच
(8) in the abstract :: को सार मा
(9) abstract class :: अमूर्त वर्ग
1. theoretical ::
2. nonrepresentational ::
3. nonobjective ::
4. summary ::
5. synopsis ::
6. abstraction ::
7. summarize ::
8. extract ::
9. pilfer ::
1. concrete ::
abstract, abstracted, abstracting, abstractly, abstractness, abstractnesses, abstracts
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
is an ABSTRACT concept...
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 6
It always seems a bit ABSTRACT, doesn't it?
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 9
are floating in an ABSTRACT
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 16
English to Nepali Dictionary: abstract
Meaning and definitions of abstract, translation in Nepali language for abstract with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of abstract in Nepali and in English
Tags for the entry "abstract"
What abstract means in Nepali, abstract meaning
in Nepali, abstract definition, examples and pronunciation
of abstract in Nepali language.