Preposition(1) in opposition to.(2) in anticipation of and preparation for (a problem or difficulty).(3) in conceptual contrast to.(4) in or into physical contact with (something), typically so as to be supported by or collide with it.
(1) the odds were 5├ö├ç├┤1 against Pittsburgh(2) But the pub is appealing against the decision and is allowed to continue trading in the meantime.(3) With the cirrus they created a faint lattice of white against light blue.(4) The door was slammed hard against the wall, sending it rocking on its hinges.(5) He has already won 21 races and few would bet against that number increasing in the season to come.(6) Not only will they be unable to use parasols for protection against the sun, they will not be allowed to take in food or drink.(7) She banged her head lightly against the wall and heard the ringing noise of metal.(8) If the player does not wish to bet against the second card, a third card can be called for at the same price.(9) he hit his head against the door(10) Those who ignore the zone can be reported to trading standards officers who might take legal action against them.(11) he was silhouetted against the light of the stair window(12) This has to be weighed against the cost of redeeming early and the fees that often accompany taking out a new deal.(13) they won three matches as against our two(14) We will not tolerate abuse of staff who are simply trying to do their job and we will take legal action against residents who do this.(15) It is one of the various small ways in which the public can fight back against the people who are undermining their quality of life.(16) against medical advice
(1) against all odds :: सबै नहुनु विरुद्ध
(2) rise against :: विरुद्धमा उठ्नु
(3) against the law :: व्यवस्था विरुद्ध
(4) go against :: विरुद्ध जाने
(5) against the grain :: अनाज को बिरुद्ध
(6) fight against :: लडाइँ
(7) turn against :: विरुद्ध बारी
(8) guard against :: विरुद्ध गार्ड
(9) compete against :: विरुद्ध प्रतिस्पर्धा
(10) come up against :: विरुद्ध आए
1. opposed to ::
2. in opposition to ::
गर्न विरोधको मा
3. disadvantageous to ::
4. touching ::
1. for ::
2. pro ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I would have advised AGAINST that.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 2
for the crimes he committed
AGAINST your family.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 3
...AGAINST drugs and the gangs
that peddle them. We'll be passing...
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 12
Turn around and stand AGAINST the wall.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 4
I can't swear never to speak AGAINST her.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 8
English to Nepali Dictionary: against
Meaning and definitions of against, translation in Nepali language for against with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of against in Nepali and in English language.
Tags for the entry "against"
What against means in Nepali, against meaning in Nepali, against definition, examples and pronunciation of against in Nepali language.