Noun(1) a curved shape in the vertical plane that spans an opening(2) a curved bony structure supporting or enclosing organs (especially the inner sides of the feet(3) a passageway under a curved masonry construction(4) (architecture, usually curved
Verb(1) form an arch or curve
Adjective(1) (used of behavior or attitude(2) naughtily or annoyingly playful
(1) These people who had so little had a welcoming party to meet the group and they had built an arch of welcome out of greenery.(2) The reverse commemorates the building of his triumphal arch , which still stands in Rome beside the Coliseum.(3) There are arch literary allusions, plenty of knockabout energy, and two complementary personae on show.(4) They have made six shimmering albums packed with arch observations, yet their world remains small, their vision unique.(5) The quick, dark eye, with its beautifully formed eyebrow, seemed to presage the arch remark, to which the rosy and half-smiling lip appeared ready to give utterance.(6) I didn't have to fake the confused arch of my eyebrows or the incredulous glint to my stare.(7) Te Namu sat on a triangular arch of sand, bounded on one side by a steep cliff and cut off on another by a stream.(8) Pusading's ornamental arch has a pair of stone lions and the stone wall facing them was apparently built to block their vision.(9) The new bridge had to span the river with a single arch , without intermediate columns interrupting the water's flow or passage of river traffic.(10) The upper arch of the full lunette shape, although not indicated in the print, can be easily imagined as fitting over the design.(11) Two years ago, such an observation was appropriately arch , zeroing in on the silliness of such campaign press stunts.(12) It appears my habit of arch sarcasm might be a mistake.(13) Through the arch of the cave, as far as the eye can see, misted peaks sit, poised like advancing waves.(14) The shank is 3/4 length, which helps the bones in my feet because my arch can sit on it and I don't have to work so much.(15) According to a newspaper report, the first arch spanned the River Severn on 2nd July 1779.(16) The city grew up around its Roman monuments, which include a semicircular theatre and a triumphal arch .
(1) aortic arch :: aortic कट्टर
(2) pointed arch :: चुच्चा कट्टर
(3) arch bridge :: कट्टर पुल
(4) wheel arch :: पाङ्ग्रा कट्टर
(5) arch support :: कट्टर समर्थन
(6) zygomatic arch :: zygomatic कट्टर
(7) memorial arch :: सम्झनाको कट्टर
(8) arch dam :: कट्टर बाँध
1. mischievous ::
2. pixilated ::
4. archway ::
5. curve ::
6. curve ::
arch, arched, arches, archest, arching, archive, archly, archness
English to Nepali Dictionary: arch
Meaning and definitions of arch, translation in Nepali language for arch with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of arch in Nepali and in English language.
Tags for the entry "arch"
What arch means in Nepali, arch meaning in Nepali, arch definition, examples and pronunciation of arch in Nepali language.