Noun(1) psychological suffering(2) a state of adversity (danger or affliction or need(3) extreme physical pain(4) the seizure and holding of property as security for payment of a debt or satisfaction of a claim
Verb(1) bring into difficulties or distress, especially financial hardship(2) cause mental pain to
(1) Many of the suicides in the countryside were triggered by the financial distress caused by the low rubber prices.(2) Mediated pathways were especially salient for understanding variation in adolescents' self-reported distress .(3) He told planners he could get into financial distress if expansion proposals for the business weren't agreed soon.(4) The Federal Government was acting in contravention of maritime law by shunning a ship and crew in distress .(5) to his distress he saw that she was trembling(6) It might distress people considerably, but no moral judgment can be applied because you have a totally wild encounter.(7) No significant differences between the various groups were found when the incidence of acute fetal distress was analyzed.(8) The firm I worked for went through financial distress before lay-offs.(9) Nothing the bailiff did, in attempting lawfully to levy distress , could have begun to justify a resort to violence by another person present.(10) He had done every possible act to bother and distress her, including his attempt of a confession of love to her.(11) So, I hereby grant you permission to paint that table, to distress it, to weather it, to paint it pink and stencil flowers around the edge if that pleases you.(12) Unwaveringly these incredibly brave volunteers get in the chopper and answer the distress call.(13) We collected some money so that when we found instances of real distress over matters other than food we had a fund that we were able to divide up.(14) This financial distress is creating serious health problems too.(15) It also noted that another operational consequence of BWIA's financial distress was the long delay in regaining Category 1 status.(16) W. Toronto changed locks and posted bailiff notice of distress .
(1) distress call :: दुःखको कल
(2) damsel in distress :: दुःखको मा damsel
(3) in distress :: दुःखको मा
(4) respiratory distress :: श्वसन दुःखको
(5) distress signal :: दुःखको संकेत
(6) mental distress :: मानसिक दुःख
1. anguish ::
2. danger ::
3. hardship ::
4. suffering ::
5. distraint ::
6. cause anguish to ::
गर्न वेदनामा कारण
7. straiten ::
1. safety ::
2. security ::
distress, distressed, distresses, distressful, distressing
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Their mouth was open kind of,
as in DISTRESS.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 6
She sent the DISTRESS call.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 6
Okay, gastric DISTRESS,
redness, anal leakage,
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 14
some sort of
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 23
Is my DISTRESS
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 18
English to Nepali Dictionary: distress
Meaning and definitions of distress, translation in Nepali language for distress with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of distress in Nepali and in English language.
Tags for the entry "distress"
What distress means in Nepali, distress meaning in Nepali, distress definition, examples and pronunciation of distress in Nepali language.