Noun(1) a day or period of time set aside for feasting and celebration(2) an organized series of acts and performances (usually in one place
(1) Jackie said the school would want to be a part of any city-wide anniversary festival .(2) Mike and his committee are determined to make their tenth anniversary festival a memorable one.(3) a festival atmosphere(4) It was the sixth annual Devizes beer festival and the number of people attending has grown each year.(5) Linda and Steve hope the event will become a popular annual fundraising motorcycle festival .(6) This annual festival is in its 24th year and is connected to Cricklade College in Andover.(7) The High School also plans to hold an annual technology festival for children from local primary schools.(8) music festival(9) The Bank Holiday weekend saw Harewood House play host to their annual family festival of food and drink.(10) The town is staging its annual bugs festival and there is a real buzz of excitement in the community.(11) a major international festival of song(12) She grew up flying kites in Bermuda, which has a large annual kiting festival .(13) highlights of this year's pumpkin festival(14) Ignore the gripe fringe which gathers around this annual festival of achievement.(15) There was a festival atmosphere in UK bookshops as children eagerly flocked to snap up the latest tale.(16) In the Trobriand Islands the annual yam festival is more than just ordinary.
(1) dragon boat festival :: ड्रागन डुङ्गा तिहार
(2) lantern festival :: लालटिन तिहार
(3) mid-autumn festival :: मध्य-शरद ऋतु तिहार
(4) religious festival :: धार्मिक पर्व
(5) summer festival :: गर्मी तिहार
(6) harvest festival :: बाली तिहार
(7) school festival :: स्कूल तिहार
(8) annual festival :: वार्षिक उत्सवमा
(9) festival of sacrifices :: बलिदान को तिहार
1. fair ::
2. holy day ::
3. fete ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I heard a rumor today that King Horik himself
may attend the FESTIVAL.
Vikings Season 1, Episode 8
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 11
will be held in the Great Sept of Baelor on
the first day of the Festival of the Mother.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 8
Simultaneously, a FESTIVAL
of cloying clichés.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 5
You know I can't talk to women unless
I'm lit up like the Hindu FESTIVAL of Diwali.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 20
English to Nepali Dictionary: festival
Meaning and definitions of festival, translation in Nepali language for festival with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of festival in Nepali and in English language.
Tags for the entry "festival"
What festival means in Nepali, festival meaning in Nepali, festival definition, examples and pronunciation of festival in Nepali language.