Noun(1) a unit of length equal to 1,760 yards or 5,280 feet; exactly 1609.344 meters(2) a unit of length used in navigation; exactly 1,852 meters; historically based on the distance spanned by one minute of arc in latitude(3) a large distance(4) a former British unit of length once used in navigation; equivalent to 6,000 feet (1828.8 meters(5) a former British unit of length equivalent to 6,080 feet (1,853.184 meters(6) an ancient Roman unit of length equivalent to 1620 yards(7) a Swedish unit of length equivalent to 10 km(8) a footrace extending one mile
(1) It seems to me like if it takes more kilometers to make a mile , then it should take more kilograms to make a pound.(2) this is my favourite film by a mile(3) he rode the fastest mile of his entire career in 1914(4) Every five seconds counted is equal to approximately one mile between you and the storm.(5) The three-year-old colt had won each of his five starts this year, all Group I races at a mile .(6) The earth is approximately 93 million miles / 150 million kilometers from the sun.(7) In one area some 10 square miles [25 square kilometers] of the city was completely flattened.(8) Come daybreak, the atoll was about three miles (five kilometers) away and had rough water.(9) Each village is considered to own three miles into the forest in every direction.(10) Apart from The West Wing, it's the best thing on television by miles and miles .(11) And it wasn't a close win - it was a win by miles , so that was nice.(12) Etched into the stone are the Roman numerals LIII, the distance in Roman miles to Carlisle.(13) The US has the highest rates of incarceration in the civilized world, and I mean we hold the record by miles .(14) The deer taught her how to run, and keep running for miles at a steady pace.(15) A hunt can last from a few seconds to several minutes and cover up to two miles (three kilometers).(16) And for those who rarely venture South of the river - this beats every bar in West London by miles .
(1) square mile :: वर्ग माइल
(2) nautical mile :: समुद्री माइल
(3) half a mile :: आधा माइल
(4) last mile :: पछिल्लो माइल
(5) go the extra mile :: अतिरिक्त माइल जाने
(6) stand out a mile :: एक माइल बाहिर खडा
1. statute mile ::
2. sea mile ::
3. mil ::
4. admiralty mile ::
5. nautical mile ::
1. hair ::
2. inch ::
3. step ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
There's one on every MILE marker
between here and Meereen.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 1
Used to be you couldn't find a
tree within a MILE of the Wall.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 6
- I could be a MILE away.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 12
I swam to an island a
MILE offshore for these.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 7
it's about a MILE or so
to the Valley Beyond.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 10
English to Nepali Dictionary: mile
Meaning and definitions of mile, translation in Nepali language for mile with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of mile in Nepali and in English
Tags for the entry "mile"
What mile means in Nepali, mile meaning
in Nepali, mile definition, examples and pronunciation
of mile in Nepali language.