Adjective(1) being the only one; single and isolated from others(2) exclusive of anyone or anything else
Adverb(1) and nothing more(2) without any others being included or involved(3) with nevertheless the final result(4) in the final outcome(5) except that(6) never except when(7) as recently as
(1) It will not alter patient care and will only make money for private companies.(2) The final wreck in our trilogy of paddle steamers has only recently been discovered.(3) So far, it has remained a purely veterinary war and the only casualties are animals.(4) Elephants are the only animals in Africa that dig deep holes in search of water.(5) The two friends only discovered Jake had a painful condition after picking him up in Bolton.(6) I only discovered this disturbing news when we met to talk about her new position.(7) He immediately set off in his car, only to be deliberately driven off the road by another car.(8) There will be many who consider that the only fitting punishment for them would be a custodial one.(9) Most jobs were only one or two hours and she was expected to drive her own car between them.(10) that's the only way to do it(11) Working on this is something that happens only once in an archaeologist's lifetime.(12) He only discovered her duplicity when he found a marriage certificate in her handbag.(13) However do you expect to r-run an operation as c-complex as this with only a staff of seven?(14) only in Japan did the brand sell(15) Now Mrs Pratley, a lettings manager, fears it will only be a matter of time before her son has a fall.(16) This was discovered only a fortnight ago by Milngavie Primary School near Glasgow.
(1) only one :: एउटा मात्र
(2) if only :: भने मात्र
(3) not only :: त्यो मात्र हैन
(4) the only :: मात्र
(5) only for you :: मात्र तिमी
(6) read only :: पढ्न मात्र मिल्ने
(7) only if :: मात्र भने
(8) the only one :: एक मात्र
(9) only child :: एक्लो सन्तान
(10) one and only :: एक र मात्र एक
1. sole ::
2. alone ::
3. lone ::
4. at most ::
7. entirely ::
8. simply ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
- The wildfire.
- He can ONLY play it once.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 9
In the end, that's the ONLY thing
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 8
"But you’re the ONLY important thing.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 5
Like the Cradle,
ONLY much bigger.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 9
Yeah, but those tickets
ONLY get him into Comic-Con.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 14
English to Nepali Dictionary: only
Meaning and definitions of only, translation in Nepali language for only with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of only in Nepali and in English
Tags for the entry "only"
What only means in Nepali, only meaning
in Nepali, only definition, examples and pronunciation
of only in Nepali language.