Noun(1) the time that has elapsed(2) a earlier period in someone's life (especially one that they have reason to keep secret(3) a verb tense that expresses actions or states in the past
Adjective(1) earlier than the present time; no longer current(2) of a person who has held and relinquished a position or office
Adverb(1) so as to pass a given point
(1) But by the standards of the past it had been a deplorable period in local eyes.(2) Significant events from the town's past will also be acted out by Canon Slade School students.(3) I knew it to be Tom, and was not pleased to think that soon he would ride past me, teasing and making jests.(4) These percentages of the simple verb form in the past were much lower than those for the simple present.(5) Clem is sitting in the corner and I have to negotiate my way past several people to reach him.(6) In their past nine matches they have lost seven times, and have scored just 15 times in the league all season.(7) he couldn't get past the front door(8) The three teenagers approached the victims as they walked along the alleyway past the town's bowling club.(9) Since Christmas however, she had changed her route because she couldn't face walking past it every day.(10) At half past midday, during lunch, PÔö£┬«tain announces the cessation of hostilities.(11) Perhaps foolishly I thought I was past getting excited by press releases.(12) she has a past history of epilepsy(13) We watched as they came past , and then took the shortcut home, up through the sheep field to the Abbey.(14) Another hour will go past before they have a result.(15) I used to walk past it every day, down a long, winding, black path to school in the morning.(16) He was riding past us now, so I looked up to see better what he looked like.
(1) in the past :: विगतमा
(2) past tense :: भूत काल
(3) past participle :: पुर्ण भूतकाल
(4) simple past :: विगतका सरल
(5) past simple :: सामान्य भुतकाल
(6) half past :: साँढे
(7) go past :: विगतका जाने
(8) the past :: पछिल्लो
(9) half past six :: साढे छ
(10) past perfect :: पूर्ण भूत
2. last ::
3. previous ::
4. preceding ::
5. along ::
6. by ::
7. history ::
8. past tense ::
9. yesteryear ::
10. in front of ::
11. beyond ::
past, pasted, pasts
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
How did I walk PAST you?
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 13
wrapped in chains, for the PAST year.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 3
As you all know too well,
it's long PAST time to dig a new latrine pit.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 3
I thought we were PAST the days
when you'd pull the wool over my eyes.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 9
He's looking into my PAST.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 8
English to Nepali Dictionary: past
Meaning and definitions of past, translation in Nepali language for past with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of past in Nepali and in English language.
Tags for the entry "past"
What past means in Nepali, past meaning in Nepali, past definition, examples and pronunciation of past in Nepali language.