Noun(1) (baseball(2) a sheet of metal or wood or glass or plastic(3) a full-page illustration (usually on slick paper(4) dish on which food is served or from which food is eaten(5) the quantity contained in a plate(6) a rigid layer of the Earth's crust that is believed to drift slowly(7) the thin under portion of the forequarter(8) a main course served on a plate(9) any flat platelike body structure or part(10) the positively charged electrode in a vacuum tube(11) a flat sheet of metal or glass on which a photographic image can be recorded(12) structural member consisting of a horizontal beam that provides bearing and anchorage(13) a shallow receptacle for collection in church(14) a metal sheathing of uniform thickness (such as the shield attached to an artillery piece to protect the gunners(15) a dental appliance that artificially replaces missing teeth
Verb(1) coat with a layer of metal
(1) Sixteen teams will compete in the group stages on Saturday, with the bowl, plate and finals to take place the following day.(2) One solution is to plate the aluminum polygon with electroless nickel and then polish the nickel surface.(3) Jill plays his fetching daughter in charge of passing the collection plate .(4) the Pacific Ocean plate(5) Screw the plate rails to the wall, leaving 12 inches between each rail.(6) A glass of Indian whisky and a plate of palak paneer - a dish of spinach and cottage cheese - are at his side. We relax under a fine crescent moon.(7) Unsurprisingly, the classic Islay single malts are as smoky and tarry as they come, and just what a plate of haggis and neeps needs.(8) A collection plate will also be making the rounds during the show, which starts at 1: 30 pm.(9) Even having to make the two-hour drive to these cities for the yearly examination is well worth the trouble because of the savings made on the cost of the plate .(10) Insulation blown into your ceiling cavities should cover the top plate of the wall, but be sure the eave vents are not covered.(11) I'll have the salad plate(12) she lifted the plate in victory(13) an exhibition of the plate belonging to the college(14) It works best if two people can nail - one at the top plate and one at the bottom plate - to prevent the wall from jumping around.(15) Students could not wait to get to the process of printing the line drawings from the plate onto the dampened paper.(16) The four wheels and the metal plate on a roller skate are much heavier than the single blade on an ice skate.
(1) license plate :: नम्बर प्लेट
(2) steel plate :: स्टील प्लेट
(3) dinner plate :: खाने प्लेट
(4) hot plate :: तातो प्लेट
(5) gold-plate :: सुन-प्लेट
(6) cover plate :: आवरण प्लेट
(7) metal plate :: धातु प्लेट
1. dish ::
2. plateful ::
3. panel ::
4. plaque ::
5. picture ::
6. home base ::
7. shell ::
8. collection plate ::
9. dental plate ::
10. photographic plate ::
11. cover ::
plate, plated, plateful, platefuls, platelet, platelets, plates
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
get him a space heater, maybe a hot PLATE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 18
...steel-armor PLATE exoskeleton
top and bottom.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 12
and the hot PLATE
caught on fire.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 24
...while scraping congealed nachos
off a PLATE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 14
-They’re coming in.
-We have to put the PLATE back.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 12
English to Nepali Dictionary: plate
Meaning and definitions of plate, translation in Nepali language for plate with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of plate in Nepali and in English
Tags for the entry "plate"
What plate means in Nepali, plate meaning
in Nepali, plate definition, examples and pronunciation
of plate in Nepali language.