Noun(1) something determined in relation to something that includes it(2) something less than the whole of a human artifact(3) the allotment of some amount by dividing something(4) assets belonging to or due to or contributed by an individual person or group(5) your overall circumstances or condition in life (including everything that happens to you(6) money or property brought by a woman to her husband at marriage(7) an individual quantity of food or drink taken as part of a meal
Verb(1) give out
(1) The children shared a portion and there was plenty for each of them.(2) The analysis of data is based on a portion of the whole survey.(3) You can even premeasure each meal to save yourself the hassle of trying to divide the correct portion while on the go.(4) my parents will portion me most handsomely(5) We also shared a portion of Fried Seaweed which was satisfyingly crispy.(6) she wanted the right to decide how her portion of the allowance should be spent(7) he'll marry her fast enough when he knows the sum of her portion(8) a portion of the jetty still stands(9) Islam, however, under the Shari'a law, provides a portion of the estate for widows.(10) Referring to a food simply by it's glycemic index may seem too simple when you look at the big picture of how you portion foods and how they work together when eaten in a meal.(11) The legal description for the site, described on plan A1.1, includes the three parcels of land purchased by the Defendant and a portion of the adjacent Town parkland to the west.(12) Some couples pledged to bequeath a portion of their estates, however modest, to an adopted son or daughter.(13) Similarly the same calculation will be done for the elected portion of the Inherited Estate.(14) what will be my portion?(15) The electronic device can also portion the bandwidth to several independent streams simultaneously.(16) Even if a province does not use all of its weekly allocation, it still gets the whole portion for the next week.
(1) small portion :: सानो भाग
(2) lower portion :: तल्लो भागमा
(3) portion control :: भाग नियन्त्रण
(4) upper portion :: माथिल्लो भाग
(5) marriage portion :: विवाह भाग
(6) portion out :: भाग बाहिर
1. part ::
2. share ::
3. helping ::
4. fate ::
5. dower ::
7. allot ::
portion, portioned, portioning, portions
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
he's already destroyed
a good PORTION of our fleet.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 3
And can keep a small PORTION
of their heads dry.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 16
of your birthday festivities.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 11
Penny's emotional responses originate in the
primitive PORTION of brain, the amygdala.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 17
Okay, I think this ends
the ex-boyfriend PORTION of our evening.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 9
English to Nepali Dictionary: portion
Meaning and definitions of portion, translation in Nepali language for portion with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of portion in Nepali and in English
Tags for the entry "portion"
What portion means in Nepali, portion meaning
in Nepali, portion definition, examples and pronunciation
of portion in Nepali language.