Noun(1) light soft moderately strong wood of spruce trees; used especially for timbers and millwork(2) any coniferous tree of the genus Picea
Verb(1) make neat, smart, or trim(2) dress and groom with particular care, as for a special occasion
Adjective(1) marked by up-to-dateness in dress and manners
(1) To turn up at County Hall looking dapper and spruce would have been to strike a false, jarring note of misplaced optimism.(2) A new plan has been put together to clean up road and railway bridges and shopping centres as part of the council's Street Force initiative to spruce up the city.(3) Although most species of spruce prefer moist, well drained soils with moderate to good fertility, they will grow on rather sandy soils if there is a favorable water table throughout the growing season.(4) ├ö├ç├┐Why are they doing this work so early in the morning?├ö├ç├û she asked Captain Duro when he appeared on deck looking as spruce and polished as he had on the first day she met him.(5) Just further down the lane were three tiny cottages which always looked spruce in this quiet backwater and their small gardens were bright with flowers.(6) There are few more rewarding experiences than driving a team of huskies through this vast land of mountains, spruce forests and endless silence.(7) Spring is here too, traditionally the time when house owners look to spruce up their homes as the days lengthen and the light improves.(8) Replaceable headrest covers were introduced on the company's trains last year as part of a scheme to spruce up the carriages.(9) ├ö├ç├┐I wanted my husband to plant a big spruce so that at Christmas I could decorate it with lights,├ö├ç├û she says.(10) A very spruce maid welcomed him and showed him into the Bishop's drawing-room.(11) Before the bidding begins, the house will be transformed by a team of designers who will spruce it up and restore some of its 1930s features.(12) The 72-year-old's mission to spruce up Warrington Cemetery, where 50,000 people are buried, has been given a Ôö¼├║3,000 award from Help the Aged.(13) Before planting either your boxwood or dwarf spruce , select containers that will accommodate these evergreen shrubs up to their mature size.(14) I've had a haircut to spruce myself up before my sis shows up tomorrow.(15) In outward appearance, he was a cherubically round man, about 45, in a spruce pinstripe suit and a new blue tie.(16) The actor looks much too spruce for someone who is living rough.
(1) spruce up :: सजाउनुहोस् अप
(2) spruce wood :: स्प्रूस काठ
(3) white spruce :: सेतो स्प्रूस
(4) blue spruce :: नीलो स्प्रूस
1. neat ::
2. snappy ::
4. groom ::
5. titivate ::
6. slick up ::
spruce, spruced, sprucely, spruceness, spruces, sprucing
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
-SPRUCE up the place.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 18
English to Nepali Dictionary: spruce
Meaning and definitions of spruce, translation in Nepali language for spruce with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of spruce in Nepali and in English
Tags for the entry "spruce"
What spruce means in Nepali, spruce meaning
in Nepali, spruce definition, examples and pronunciation
of spruce in Nepali language.