Noun(1) (astronomy(2) someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field(3) any celestial body visible (as a point of light(4) an actor who plays a principal role(5) a plane figure with 5 or more points; often used as an emblem(6) a performer who receives prominent billing(7) a star-shaped character * used in printing(8) the topology of a network whose components are connected to a hub
Verb(1) feature as the star(2) be the star in a performance(3) mark with an asterisk
Adjective(1) indicating the most important performer or role
(1) a pop star(2) If things don't work out he is more likely to star on the front pages than the back.(3) From the angle he walked, Tal could make out the symbol of an eight-point star on the cape.(4) One of the problems with the star ratings is that the margin of failure needs only to be quite small for vital stars to be lost.(5) I don't know why, but I liked Darlene even though Annette was supposed to be the star attraction.(6) Not all video games star muscle-bound, gun-wielding action heroes out for vengeance.(7) a rising star in the party(8) we gave them a gold star rating(9) Riley nodded, then stopped at the stall of a black mare with a white star on her forehead.(10) He had a large star on his forehead, and mane that looked as if it had been crimped.(11) this stamp is the star of the collection(12) But he visits one website and his declining star goes super nova.(13) The girl from Donegal is the star attraction and she will be joined by Derry country band New Moon as well as Mayo's own Marc Roberts.(14) A stellar-mass black hole forms when a heavy star collapses under its own weight in a supernova explosion.(15) One was black with a white star on its forehead, the other a chocolate brown.(16) Benjy is black and white, Frankie is black/dark brown with a white tummy and a white star on her forehead.
(1) shooting star :: सुटिङ तारा
(2) rock star :: रक स्टार
(3) movie star :: चलचित्र तारा
(4) pop star :: पप स्टार
(5) shining star :: चम्किलो तारा
(6) rising star :: उदाउँदो तारा
(7) star sign :: राशी
(8) star fruit :: तारा फल
(9) falling star :: झर्ने तारा
(10) co-star :: सह-तारे
1. celestial body ::
2. principal ::
3. celebrity ::
4. virtuoso ::
5. asterisk ::
6. star topology ::
7. headliner ::
8. brilliant ::
9. top ::
11. asterisk ::
1. nobody ::
costar, costars, star, stardom, starer, starers, starless, starlet, starlets, stars
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Well, now don't be surprised if
like Star Trek, it's canceled in three.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 5
You, my exotic young friend, are my STAR.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 4
To be honest with you guys, when
I was your age, I wanted to be a rap STAR.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 18
I like Star Wars, too!
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 14
Oh, man, that last episode of
Star Trek: Discoverywas crazy.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 13
English to Nepali Dictionary: star
Meaning and definitions of star, translation in Nepali language for star with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of star in Nepali and in English
Tags for the entry "star"
What star means in Nepali, star meaning
in Nepali, star definition, examples and pronunciation
of star in Nepali language.