Noun(1) a person who is under the protection or in the custody of another(2) a district into which a city or town is divided for the purpose of administration and elections(3) block forming a division of a hospital (or a suite of rooms(4) English economist and conservationist (1914-1981(5) English writer of novels who was an active opponent of the women's suffrage movement (1851-1920(6) United States businessman who in 1872 established a successful mail-order business (1843-1913(7) a division of a prison (usually consisting of several cells
Verb(1) watch over or shield from danger or harm; protect
(1) the second most marginal ward in Westminster(2) Opposition to the closure of the Lister Baths at Featherstone contributed heavily to all three Labour councillors who had represented the ward losing their seats.(3) I suppose it all depends on what sort of harm you want to ward off.(4) Open sea and clear skies was all very well when teaching a new crewmember the ropes and they never lost their fascination with the captain's young ward .(5) The first illustration show the two fencers in a low or terza ward with rapiers crossed.(6) Derek Cross fell in with the Mormons, rising through the ranks to become bishop of their ward .(7) These behaviors generally are intended to ward off harm to the person with OCD or others.(8) it was his duty to ward the king(9) Joan, who has worked at Blackburn Royal Infirmary since 1987 and on the children's surgical ward for the last nine years, said she was shocked but delighted by her windfall.(10) Simultaneously the Master shall raise his rapier into the open ward .(11) ├ö├ç├┐I want to work with community groups in the ward , the city and the region,├ö├ç├û he says.(12) The need for the new predischarge ward arose in the context of attempting to address the shortage of bed accommodation in St. Luke's General Hospital.(13) First there were ward officers - police officers responsible for a particular ward of the city who work with local communities to tackle local crime.(14) Last week I stood outside a local school with a petition, people were shocked to hear what was happening and had not heard anything about the threatening closure of the children's ward .(15) Just come striding along the beach like a prison ward or something!(16) I saw them keeping ward at one of those huge gates
(1) ward off :: बन्द वार्ड
(2) maternity ward :: प्रसूति वार्ड
(3) hospital ward :: अस्पताल वार्ड
(4) medical ward :: चिकित्सा वार्ड
(5) to ward off :: बन्द वार्ड
(6) surgical ward :: शल्य चिकित्सा वार्ड
(7) general ward :: सामान्य वार्ड
(8) ward office :: वार्ड कार्यालय
(9) ward of court :: अदालत को वार्ड
(10) ward of a hospital :: एक अस्पताल को वार्ड
1. room ::
2. district ::
3. dependent ::
4. cellblock ::
5. hospital ward ::
6. guard ::
ward, warded, warding, wards
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
...a Montgomery Ward delivery van
ran over our family cat, Lucky.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 4
Ooh, somebody call
the burn WARD.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 6
Who was her father's WARD.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 6
He grew up a WARD of Winterfell.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 3
English to Nepali Dictionary: ward
Meaning and definitions of ward, translation in Nepali language for ward with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of ward in Nepali and in English
Tags for the entry "ward"
What ward means in Nepali, ward meaning
in Nepali, ward definition, examples and pronunciation
of ward in Nepali language.