Verb(1) express gratitude or show appreciation to
(1) you have only yourself to thank for the plight you are in(2) We've been overwhelmed with the support given to us and we can't thank people enough.(3) It is so nice for us to think that what we did has not been forgotten and we can't thank people enough.(4) So we get a way to accept inevitable death, some good social rules and someone to thank or blame for it all.(5) The committee would like to thank many people who helped to make the day such a success.(6) They wish to thank the many people who helped to make the day the great success it was.(7) I was really impressed with the turnout and would like to thank people for their support.(8) He went on to thank the people of Shipley for putting their trust in him and said news of the win had not yet sunk in.(9) Through your newspaper I would like to thank the person who found the letters and posted them.(10) We thanked the people who called the fire brigade and the crews, who were here quickly.(11) By thanking people you are building good will and empathy with their support.(12) He thanked the many people who sent him so many cards when he was sick last year.(13) Mr Dolan thanked the people of Bingley and surrounding areas for their support.(14) A pensioner injured after she was knocked off her bike has thanked the people who came to her aid.(15) This man got up and read a little piece thanking the people of Ireland for their generosity.(16) Editors always seem to be thanking people and now I know without doubt that they mean it.
(1) thank goodness :: भलाइ धन्यवाद
(2) thank god :: भगवान धन्यवाद
(3) thank for :: लागि धन्यवाद
(4) thank-you :: धन्यवाद
(5) say thank you :: भन्न धन्यवाद
2. express one's thanks to ::
एक गरेको धन्यवाद व्यक्त
4. say thank you to ::
6. credit ::
7. recognize ::
8. bless ::
thank, thanked, thankful, thanking, thankless, thanks
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Thank you for asking.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 12
Thank you, my lord. You are a gracious host,
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 6
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 19
I do, ma'am. Thank you, ma'am.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 17
THANK you, I must THANK