गार्ड, रक्षा गर्ने साधनपहरा दिनु, रक्षा गर्नु
Noun(1) a person who keeps watch over something or someone(2) the person who plays that position on a football team(3) a device designed to prevent injury or accidents(4) a posture of defence in boxing or fencing(5) the person who plays the position of guard on a basketball team(6) a military unit serving to protect some place or person(7) a precautionary measure warding off impending danger or damage or injury etc.(8) the duty of serving as a sentry(9) (American football(10) a position on a basketball team
Verb(1) to keep watch over(2) watch over or shield from danger or harm; protect(3) protect against a challenge or attack(4) take precautions in order to avoid some unwanted consequence
(1) I asked the guard what time the train got back to Salford.(2) he let his guard slip enough to make some unwise comments(3) Even those who are well known, for whatever reason, will fiercely guard their privacy.(4) Back in 1969 I was lucky enough to be part of the guard when Prince Charles was invested as Prince of Wales at Caernafon Castle.(5) It is said that a guardian angel is assigned to every person to guard and protect her or his body and soul.(6) If you succeed in sweeping your opponent then go back to the butterfly guard and try again.(7) a security guard(8) he's the captain of the palace guard(9) a retractable blade guard(10) two men were left to guard the stockade(11) soldiers on guard duty(12) You start with your opponent in the closed guard and a grip on his sleeve and lapel.(13) Inge believes the prospect of being posted to guard political prisoners, and the cruel conditions her son was expecting to have to enforce there, pushed him to attempt to escape.(14) Of course, that didn't stop the guard on my train advising us to change for the Central and Victoria Lines as we rolled into Stratford.(15) From butterfly guard, of course, you also have the option of returning to the half guard .(16) I had to wear a mouth guard constantly for about the first nine months, because my muscles were so tight that my teeth would grind.
(1) security guard :: पाले
(2) on guard :: होसियार
(3) life guard :: जीवन गार्ड
(4) to guard :: रक्षा गर्न
(5) guard against :: विरुद्ध गार्ड
(6) point guard :: बिन्दु गार्ड
(7) prison guard :: जेल गार्ड
(8) guard dog :: गार्ड कुकुर
1. sentry ::
2. warden ::
3. vigilance ::
4. safety guard ::
5. safety ::
6. precaution ::
7. guard duty ::
8. protect ::
9. keep under surveillance ::
निगरानी अन्तर्गत राख्न
10. beware of ::
को सावधान रहन
11. defend ::
12. ward ::
1. offensive ::
guard, guarded, guarder, guarders, guarding, guards
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I believe you both have GUARD duty tonight.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 7
She chewed through
her night GUARD
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 21
only ghosts would GUARD the Wall.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 10
Ser Meryn will GUARD
Lady Margaery and Tommen.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 1
GUARD 3: Hey, stop!
Westworld Season 3, Episode 8
English to Nepali Dictionary: guard
Meaning and definitions of guard, translation in Nepali language for guard with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of guard in Nepali and in English language.
Tags for the entry "guard"
What guard means in Nepali, guard meaning in Nepali, guard definition, examples and pronunciation of guard in Nepali language.