Adjective(1) (of winds(2) at some distance from the shore
Adverb(1) away from shore; away from land
(1) As long as Aboriginal people have been living near the Great Barrier Reef, they have traveled to offshore islands and reefs.(2) The funds are believed to have been channelled to the Chavez camp through an offshore company on the island of Curacao.(3) The crooks pay up on small claims until they have collected enough premiums to pad their offshore bank accounts.(4) But certain industries, including the offshore oil and gas industry, were given a five-year exemption to give them time to adapt to the changes.(5) If offshore outsourcing is not the cause of sluggish job growth, what is?(6) Rhodri Thomas, Woodmac's North Sea oil expert, said the oil giants would still have a number of key roles in the UK's offshore industry.(7) As all land was already owned, there was no room for an expanding population, so new islands were established on sandbars a short distance offshore , where the air was cool and mosquito-free.(8) The developers have also built 300 islands, 4km offshore , in the shape of a map of the world.(9) They can be taken quickly out from the beach in offshore wind and tidal conditions.(10) We had two such studies last week, one on the state of Scotland's financial services sector followed by a very upbeat reassessment of the prospects for our offshore oil and gas industry.(11) He owns pharmaceutical companies, defense contractors, offshore oil drilling operations.(12) Britain has the best untapped offshore wind resources in Europe - enough to meet its energy needs three times over.(13) The group believes the banks should take responsibility for advising the setting up bogus accounts and offshore trusts.(14) They want to save taxes through a complex scheme involving an offshore tax haven.(15) Extensive use of offshore accounts has been uncovered during previous investigations by the Revenue.(16) They are right that offshore outsourcing deserves attention and that some measures to assist affected workers are called for.
(1) off-shore :: बन्द-किनारमा
(2) offshore company :: अफशोर कम्पनी
(3) offshore drilling :: अफशोर ड्रिलिंग
(4) offshore islands :: अफशोर द्वीप
(5) offshore banking :: अफशोर बैंकिङ
(6) offshore wind :: अपतटीय हावा
1. seaward ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I swam to an island a
mile OFFSHORE for these.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 7
English to Nepali Dictionary: offshore
Meaning and definitions of offshore, translation in Nepali language for offshore with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of offshore in Nepali and in English
Tags for the entry "offshore"
What offshore means in Nepali, offshore meaning
in Nepali, offshore definition, examples and pronunciation
of offshore in Nepali language.