Noun(1) an estate where cash crops are grown on a large scale (especially in tropical areas(2) a newly established colony (especially in the colonization of North America(3) garden consisting of a small cultivated wood without undergrowth
(1) A tree plantation doesn't carry out the same ecological functions as a diverse natural forest.(2) By collective farming, I not only mean the actual plantation and growth of crops, but also food-processing and animal husbandry.(3) I remember the shock of seeing not just one but a whole plantation of these legal trees covering acres and acres.(4) England's first successful plantation in North America was Virginia, refounded (after several false starts) in 1607.(5) In Kona, probably because of the steep terrain, lack of roads, and lack of groundwater, coffee had not yet been developed as a plantation crop.(6) On the LeBlanc family cotton plantation in Iberville, the men rolled logs while the women cleaned up the grounds; the men chopped wood and plowed while the women hoed.(7) The plantation produces both conifers and deciduous trees for the Christmas tree and landscape markets.(8) His Ciel Investment is building 250 homes on his family's beachfront plantation at Beau Champ on the island's east coast.(9) In 1953, Shell bought a second plantation nearby, where sugar cane and tobacco used to grow.(10) Slaves from Africa were used to grow sugar and other plantation crops, it has been argued, because they comprised the least-cost option.(11) Sometimes, when there was a strike in the plantation or the tea crop was ripe for harvest, he was not available to lead Kerala.(12) An inferior project such a plantation of non-native trees may block migratory routes of key species and illegally evict local people.(13) So it is likely that the green cover actually came when the Government introduced arboriculture or the plantation of trees for timber.(14) During the antebellum era on the De Saussure plantation in South Carolina, daily domestic tasks were to be completed in the hours between sunrise and sunset prayers.(15) A conifer plantation should not be less than 1 hectare is size.(16) This peasant girl is not the one working on a tobacco or coffee plantation .
(1) coffee plantation :: कफी खेत
(2) tea plantation :: चिया खेत
(3) rubber plantation :: रबर खेत
(4) banana plantation :: केले खेत
(5) plantation owner :: खेत मालिक
(6) cotton plantation :: कपास खेत
1. orchard ::
3. grove ::
English to Nepali Dictionary: plantation
Meaning and definitions of plantation, translation in Nepali language for plantation with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of plantation in Nepali and in English language.
Tags for the entry "plantation"
What plantation means in Nepali, plantation meaning in Nepali, plantation definition, examples and pronunciation of plantation in Nepali language.