Noun(1) the vital principle or animating force within living things(2) the general atmosphere of a place or situation and the effect that it has on people(3) a fundamental emotional and activating principle determining one's character(4) any incorporeal supernatural being that can become visible (or audible(5) the state of a person's emotions (especially with regard to pleasure or dejection(6) the intended meaning of a communication(7) animation and energy in action or expression(8) an inclination or tendency of a certain kind
Verb(1) infuse with spirit
(1) He rejects the use of force, as inapplicable to the ├ö├ç├┐fierce spirit of liberty├ö├ç├û prevailing in the English colonies.(2) And it started out like that, and there wasn't a lot of truth in it, but there was a lot of spirit of adventure about the whole interview.(3) we seek a harmony between body and spirit(4) The greatest enemy in York was not the Tories but the ├ö├ç├┐prevailing spirit of apathy├ö├ç├û, he told them.(5) Some attempts are being made to bring the spirit of individual sport and glory back to its roots with the Nemean Games, a worthy but only partial successful attempt.(6) The mind, the psyche, the soul, the spirit - call it what you will - also has to be returned to some sort of equilibrium.(7) Horatio speaks to the spirit , but the ghost stalks away in silence.(8) Kanyu is the essence of feng shui; feng shui without kanyu is like a body without a spirit .(9) It is my hope that people respond to the spirit of hate, wherever it appears, by renewing their commitment to the long and difficult task of healing and reconciliation.(10) He believed we are each comprised of body, spirit , and soul.(11) Ujjal Dossanjh is certainly the man who epitomizes the entrepreneurial spirit of Indian community in Canada.(12) Tzaer had never been religious, but he had read and heard enough about it to recognize the dragon as a manifestation of the shadow spirit , Khorthage.(13) Together, they deliver a stunning set - full of energy, spirit and skill, and far in excess of anything which we might have imagined from a support act.(14) I think it's really time for America to return to that spirit of community, and that has to be done in a bipartisan way.(15) his visitors admired his spirit and good temper(16) Mr Charles Fricker, well known for his shows with trained Alsatians, is the moving spirit behind the idea.
(1) free spirit :: मुक्त आत्मा
(2) team spirit :: सामुहिक भावना
(3) the spirit :: आत्माको
(4) evil spirit :: दुष्ट आत्मा
(5) spirit away :: आत्मा टाढा
(6) fighting spirit :: लड आत्मा
(7) kindred spirit :: kindred आत्मा
(8) entrepreneurial spirit :: entrepreneurial आत्मा
(9) school spirit :: स्कूल आत्मा
(10) methylated spirit :: methylated आत्मा
1. soul ::
2. ghost ::
3. attitude ::
4. mood ::
5. morale ::
6. ethos ::
7. courage ::
8. enthusiasm ::
11. heart ::
13. smell ::
14. intent ::
15. inspirit ::
spirit, spirited, spiriting, spiritless, spirits
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
They have not broken his SPIRIT, Your Grace.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 2
in the SPIRIT of Mother's Day
or Father's Day,
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 15
And in the SPIRIT
of our new arrangement,
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 17
Your SPIRIT guides
are telling me
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 21
- So, what are you saying?
- I'm saying, in the SPIRIT of science...
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 2
English to Nepali Dictionary: spirit
Meaning and definitions of spirit, translation in Nepali language for spirit with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of spirit in Nepali and in English language.
Tags for the entry "spirit"
What spirit means in Nepali, spirit meaning in Nepali, spirit definition, examples and pronunciation of spirit in Nepali language.