Adjective(1) located below or beneath something else(2) lower in rank, power, or authority
Adverb(1) down to defeat, death, or ruin(2) through a range downward(3) into unconsciousness(4) in or into a state of subordination or subjugation(5) below some quantity or limit(6) below the horizon(7) down below(8) further down
(1) a river runs under this street(2) They were restrained before being taken under arrest to St Aldate's Police station.(3) He skulked into the room under the pretence of finding himself a drink.(4) He is sure to maintain his heavy role within the offense under new coach Sidney Lowe.(5) It will simply conceal whatever gaps in communication there are under another layer of imprecise language.(6) she travelled under a false name(7) But the boat was sinking fast and when the stern went under , a rush of air pushed four people out of the cabin.(8) we gathered the apples that had fallen under the tree(9) file it under ├ö├ç├┐lost├ö├ç├û(10) If the item is not listed, would it fall under one of the classifications if it were?(11) A great fun night was had by all under the leadership of Quiz master Mr. Peter Guy.(12) In mist or under a covering of snow, however, navigational skills will be tested.(13) Compare and contrast, as Whitlam himself might put it, the same period under Howard.(14) He has posted heavily to the same political newsgroups under his own name.(15) Over the years the green fell into disuse and became gradually hidden under thick layers of leaves.(16) Why waste all that room under the kitchen sink by simply filling it with garbage?
(1) under- :: under-
(2) under construction :: निर्माणाधीन
(3) go under :: तल जाऊ
(4) under pressure :: दबाबमा
(5) under control :: नियन्त्रणमा
(6) under the weather :: मौसम अन्तर्गत
(7) under oath :: शपथ अन्तर्गत
(8) under consideration :: विचाराधीन
(9) under way :: बाटो अन्तर्गत
(10) fall under :: अन्तर्गत पर्न
(11) under review :: समीक्षा अन्तर्गत
1. nether ::
2. down ::
3. below ::
4. beneath ::
5. less than ::
6. subordinate to ::
7. flooded by ::
9. subject to ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I know. I can see the shadow
of your feet UNDER the door.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 1
Everything UNDER control.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 5
Escort them back to the royal apartments
and keep them there, UNDER guard.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 7
That I came here
to climb UNDER Daddy's wing?
Westworld Season 2, Episode 6
You'll have to excuse Dr. Cooper.
He's been UNDER a lot of, um...
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 12
English to Nepali Dictionary: under
Meaning and definitions of under, translation in Nepali language for under with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of under in Nepali and in English
Tags for the entry "under"
What under means in Nepali, under meaning
in Nepali, under definition, examples and pronunciation
of under in Nepali language.